Friday 20 September 2013

Product Review: Korres, Vanilla Plum Body Milk (£10.00, 200ml)


Okay, so I know I wasn't too emphatic about the face cream, but I do like Korres and I do like this vanilla plum body milk, which I have been using for a couple of weeks now.

I've written about body lotions before, and I question whether men really use them (or just their girlfriends occasionally). But given this is my second review in as many months they must have an audience in me at least.

This offering is both reasonably priced and effective, and the fragrance has a really nice (almost) smokey edge to it. The plum becomes more pronounced over time for me - around 20 minutes or so after first application for me. The vanilla extract is much more prominent up front.

My skin always feel soft and hydrated after use, which is important especially around the elbow where skin can become hard and worn. The almond oil and shea butter make sure you're left supple and smooth.

Not so much a milk as a cream (all the better in my opinion), the product is rich and satisfying. And finally, there's no mineral oils or parabens anywhere near this product, and it's dermatologically tested, so apply away in safety!

My only criticism is that it takes a wee while to absorb. So if you need to put clothes on immediately or you're about to get in amongst those fresh sheets at bed time then you definitely need to factor this in. Otherwise bask in the lovely aroma in your birthday suit for a few minutes.


If vanilla plum isn't your thing, Korres are fantastic at producing a huge variety of options to suit every taste. At the moment there's Bergamot Pear, Fig, and Basil Lemon on offer to name just a few.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have a mild obsession with Korres at the moment and just ordered some products from their range today. I haven't tried this one yet but it sounds like my kinda thing. Have you tried the Coconut Milk version? So far its my absolute favourite!

    Gedlab.com – A blog for the modern man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try - I may give the coconut a go next time I'm about to go somewhere sunny, sounds like it would be perfect!

      Delete