Thursday 19 September 2013

Product Review: Baxter of California, Night Cream AHA (£24.00, 120ml)



With the changing of the seasons comes the need to change your skincare regime. As we most certainly moved into autumn last week, I have been in search of a nourishing night cream to provide some super hydration while my skin rests overnight.

The very good people at Niven & Joshua, answering my prayers, sent me this option from Baxter of California.

If you don’t know much about the brand, it was founded by Baxter Finlay in Beverly Hills in 1965 after Mr Finlay had searched in vain for a moisturiser that wasn’t totally woman-ified. After this failure, he decided to make his own. By the 1970’s Baxter of California products had become a Hollywood staple and since then the brand has gone from strength to strength.

This night cream is enriched with Alpha Hydroxy Acid (that’s the AHA in the name), anti-oxidant vitamin C and wheat amino acids, which means this is both super hydrating and also mildly exfoliating, to remove all those dead cells while you’re abed.

It’s also designed to provide collagen support (that’s the wheat amino acids at work) and promote cell renewal, so your skin is plumped, fresh and revitalised come morning.

And I really, really like it.

The texture of this cream is great; it's rich and silky. I also love the non-fragrance fragrance, if you know what I mean?

I tend to be fairly liberal everywhere other than my forehead, where I’m a little more cautious of breakouts. Although for all skin types I’d say this cream is best suited for normal to dry skin. Don’t forget your neck, which also needs hydration to keep smooth and supple. Man-version of chicken neck is not cool.

The ingredients also mean that there is an anti-ageing element to this cream too. For £24.00, I think that is pretty good value. Give it a go this autumn, I’d say.

No comments:

Post a Comment