Monday 26 August 2013

Product Review: Wingman, 3-in-1 (£3.49, 250ml)

In Wingman We Trust. Sometimes.
The tagline for this new range, "in Wingman we trust", I think is actually pretty good and hits the target audience well. And, priced at £3.49 for a 3-in-1 shampoo, shower gel and shaving foam and available from Tesco, this should certainly have an audience!

However, unfortunately, that audience doesn't include me. As I've said before, I wouldn't normally recommend a 2-in-1 product, let alone adding a third into the mix, so I was naturally sceptical when trying out Wingman.

It is available in three scents:

  • Charge: grapefruit, lemon, mandarin and coconut;
  • Boom: spearmint and peppermint; and
  • Jetfuel: wood, spice and aviation fuel.

Of the three, I found "Charge" by far the most superior. It smells fresh and clean, and nicely balanced. "Jetfuel", as its name suggests, is perhaps the most interesting concoction.

Using all three products, I found they worked best as a shower gel (I didn't test their shaving foam qualities...). As a shampoo though, I found they left my hair a little tacky, and weren't the easiest to rinse out. However, I think Boom worked slightly better than the others in this regard.

In terms of the (all important) packaging, I believe that the heavy duty plastic bottles could take some beating - great if you're going to be out and about. The shape, I will also grant, is good. Very "grab-able" and non-slippy, which is ultimately very useful in that morning shower!

All that having been said, I think Wingman could be very useful at a festival or in your gym bag, when you (a) don't have much room to carry extra crap and (b) can't be bothered preening and beautifying for any length of time. In the bathroom, though, I'm not sure there's any need for a 3-in-1 product. End of. 

If you want to check out Wingman, go to http://www.worldofwingman.com/wingman/. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your use of the term 'interesting'

    Jetfuel really does smell of exhaust and burning rubber. My 15 yr old sin referred to it as "girl repellant."

    Really, smell it before you buy it...

    ReplyDelete