Thursday 22 August 2013

Product Review: Elemis Time for Men, Time Defence Wrinkle Delay (£54.00, 50ml)‏

Straight up: this is an anti-ageing moisturiser and I'm 26. So, perhaps some of the qualities of this product are a little lost on me. Having said that, I do like Elemis' Time Defence Wrinkle Delay very much.

Elemis - pumped and plumped
And I'll tell you why. First, quite frankly it just feels lovely. Silky smooth and quite fine, Elemis have captured well the way you want an anti-ageing moisturiser to feel on the skin.

Secondly, and importantly for me, the finish is non-shiny. I have mainly been testing this product as a night cream, so I question how well it would cope with a day out in the hot and sweaty city, but then not many products can.

On the anti-ageing piece, the anti-oxidant ingredients are designed to pump and plump the skin. They seem to do just that - my skin is certainly left feeling well hydrated and smooth.

Finally, it's totally fragrance free (unlike many other products claiming similar), leaving you free to scent up of your own accord.
No. 7 - doing a job for £23.00

To preach, it pays to use anti-ageing products before you feel (and, more importantly in this scenario, look) "aged". They tend to be preventative, rather than curative and as such you want to splash out on the right product at the early signs of ageing. I don't think the Elemis product would be any different.

Any anti-ageing moisturiser is going to be priced more highly than the average generic moisturiser. Even the Boots classic No. 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Moisturiser is £23.00. At £54.00, I can't deny that Elemis have priced themselves towards the top end of the market.

However, when my time comes, I may well be tempted by it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment