Friday 6 December 2013

Product Review: Clinique, Post-Shave Healer (£18.00, 75ml)

I have fairly sensitive skin, especially on my neck, which after shaving is prone to rashiness and soreness, plus the odd ingrown hair. I’m therefore always on the lookout for products that are soothing and generously kind to my skin.

Step in Clinique’s Post-Shave Healer, which, although it has an almost watery lotion consistency, fits the bill quite nicely. The aloe vera is soothing and the tiniest bit tingly, and helps prevent rashes resulting from razor burn.

The product is oil free, so it’s great for all skin types. It also makes a great pair with the aloe shave gel, which I’ve raved about previously.

Unlike Thom over at the incredible ManFace Blog, I think you need a fairly generous (probably about 50p sized) amount on the palm before you have enough to cover the entire shaved area. This is partly because the lotion is very absorbant and designed as a base to add moisturiser or sun block over the top. 

Just smooth over your neck and chin and you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment