Tuesday 29 October 2013

Product Review: Korres, Borage Men's Cream (£19.50, 50ml)


Korres used to be a bit of a cult favourite for the grooming insider. With its push into the mainstream this "oh what's that" moment when someone enters your bathroom has sadly disappeared. However, I'm sure the owners are very happy that it's now selling in Waitrose (as are mums everywhere)!

But never mind that, the borage moisturiser for men...

First and foremost, I do dislike this packaging. I'm sure the round, hard, plastic tube wasn't meant to be so phallic but, well, it is. Also, the brown and black combo with green text is on the less desirable side of earthy and natural.

However, it's what's inside that counts (said the grooming blogger)... 

And in that regard I'm very happy that Korres are promoting a men's moisturiser with SPF. Although only factor six, this still gives you six times longer in the sun and, even in winter, it's important to try to counter the ageing and other damaging effects of those rays. Women often wear sun block either as a daily moisturiser or over a moisturiser, and I think men should be doing the same.

I also like that this is designed to be anti-shine. Although I will confess to not having tested the limits of this; I used this product as a post-shave balm only, and didn't test it out on my t-zone. 

This product really may not be for you if you prefer unscented creams. The borage oil, while being hydrating, also has quite a strong fragrance. You'll either love it or hate it. I like it, but don't generally want it on my face. Smell before you buy would be my advice.

The cream itself, however, feels lightweight and is fairly absorbent. It also contains aloe, so has pretty good application as a post-shave moisturiser. There's a lot worse on the market!

Available at The Fragrance Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment