Wednesday 2 October 2013

My New: Clarins Men, Fatigue Fighter (£30.00, 50ml)


It works. That's my review in a nutshell.

The masculine equivalent of the much lauded Beauty Flash Balm, this energising gel is possibly the best product in the Clarins Men range. And that means a lot, given that the hand cream is one of my essential products!

An absolute must-have and a lifesaver for the gent who travels for work and needs to go straight to that meeting post-flight, or the guy who parties too hard on a school night and has to face his colleagues the next day. The skin looks immediately fresher, brighter and re-vitalised.

This is a non-oily gel, which is great. Otherwise, I'll admit, it's a bit of a weird aquamarine colour and smells ever so slightly of chemicals. Don't let that put you off! In terms of ingredients, the blue alpine thistle combats redness and soothes, while centella is known as "the fountain of youth" in Chinese medicine due to its restorative and healing qualities. There is definitely a mental as well as physical side to the fatigue fighter! Centella also stimulates collagen production, so has great anti-ageing benefits too.

As a result, you could use a very thin layer of this every day as your moisturiser, but if I'm being honest that's a massive waste. You only get 50ml a bottle, so preserve! Instead, just use a little on key areas over your daily moisturiser, balm or gel.

If you are using it like I do, as bonus brightener on days the skin feels dehydrated or tired, you only need to squeeze a small amount of gel straight from the tube along the lower edge of your cheekbone. Then dab in with a couple of light finger taps, moving outwards and upwards along your face. Et voilà. 

I do have one major problem with this product. It's a whole £1 more expensive than Beauty Flash Balm! Now, £1 may not seem a big deal, but it's the principle of the thing and plays out again how brands think they can charge men more for grooming products simply because, well, I don't even know! It makes me so angry I sometimes fear my appendix might burst.

But forget that, take the plunge, and invest. And let me know how it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment