Tuesday 24 September 2013

My New: Redken, Intra-Force Daily Use 3-Step System



Okay, I don’t know that much about hair. Or the science behind hair care in fact. But as I am one of the many unfortunates who struggle with the extra-ordinary pain of a receding hairline, a stimulating and thickening shampoo is fairly close to the top of my list when it comes to grooming essentials. 
I put Murdock Hair Doh in my hair every morning. I style my hair in a quiff. I run my hands through my hair while sitting at my desk all day. In combination, my habits naturally result in more breakage and hair loss around the front of my scalp. And I'd do almost anything to protect what's left. 
I’m not deluded. I don’t think there’s a “re-growth” shampoo or treatment on the market that’s going to prevent or cure baldness (I would be very, very happy to hear from anyone who has found the miracle cure), but what I’m talking about here is a treatment that is going to strengthen and protect your hair.
With that lengthy prelude in mind, I have been using the Redken market offering - Intra-Force - for the last six weeks. This 3-step approach, involving a shampoo, toner and treatment, offers a (relatively) cost effective and simple option. You can pick up a small set of all three products for around £25.00 on Amazon. And I’m kind of obsessed with how it smells (I think it’s the zinc)... 
Step 1 – Shampoo
Step 1, as you may well imagine, is to shampoo. The detoxifying formula (it's the zinc PCA again!) is designed to help reduce excess sebum (natural oiliness that is secreted through the hair follicle) and DHT (which can play a major role in hair loss by causing follicles to shrink). The idea being that the shampoo creates a healthy environment and therefore encourages hair to grow.
Step 2 – Tone 
Step 2 is toning, or conditioning. This is the part that's going to nourish and moisturise, helping prevent premature hair breakage. After shampoo-ing, I comb about a 10p piece sized amount of toner through damp hair and leave it in for a few minutes. Then rinse. The vitamin E content here nourishes and preps your hair before moving on to step 3...
Step 3 - Treatment
The final, post-shower, step is a spray treatment. Claiming to energise the scalp (I'm not certain about that), this treatment is a fast absorbing spray that promotes hair density (via the amino acid content) and makes hair look fuller and thicker. After showering, spray the treatment over towel dried hair and comb or gently massage into the scalp. 
I find that step 3 gives you that blissful, albeit brief, massage-moment in the morning. And for an extra-special treat, you could always pay someone to do it for you at a Redken salon!

No comments:

Post a Comment