Friday 9 August 2013

Clarins Men, Active Hand Care (£15.00, 75ml)

Clarins Men, Primary Colours

Hand cream is not just for women. I’ve said it to anyone who cares to listen, I’ll say it again, and I’ll argue with anyone that disagrees with me.
Men should absolutely be taking advantage of the plethora of options, often in fetching and masculine packaging, on offer across the high street when it comes to hand care. Particularly those men that work outdoors, are in physically demanding roles or, like me, are shuffling so much paper that their hands take a bit of a beating and are prone to soreness (or just receive the odd paper cut).
I’ve settled on Clarins Men Active Hand Care. And not only because I enjoy its primary colour scheme. The 75ml tube fits perfectly in my bag, and because I find you don’t need to use very much to get effective coverage, it seems to last forever.
It’s suitable for all skin types, and I’ve found it particularly effective at combatting small areas of dryness. For me, this is on my palms, around the base of my fingers. Unlike some creams it does not take long to absorb, and the neutral but cleanly scent I find totally appropriate. If your wife or girlfriend uses the Clarins hand and nail cream – the scent and texture of this cream are not dissimilar, but we are talking about something slightly thicker (and just a bit more manly all round).
One caveat: this is not a heavy duty cream. Like many Clarins products, this is smooth, light and delicious. I have used Khiel’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve (£14.00, 75ml), but I found this excellent product to be a little “too protective” for my needs. This would be a great option for healing really dry skin though! The olive oil based oils and wax in the Khiel’s product do make it feel very protective, even if the result is a bit of lag time between application and absorption.
I urge everyone to modernise their man-dom today and go and purchase a handcream. Get in touch if you want more advice!
Kiehl's - really offering ultimate protection



4 comments:

  1. Dear Stuart
    The Dandy was just about to mention Kiehl's and then at the last moment it pops up its head!
    Yes, it is rather full on, but for anyone who comes into contact with the occasional chemical (in my case printers ink) or is rather racquet sport keen it's a marvel.
    Yours ever
    The Perfumed Dandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dandy
      I think you're exactly right - my desk-bound life just doesn't quite call for the Kiehl's.

      Have a great weekend and I hope you keep reading the blog!

      Stuart

      Delete
  2. "Not only because I enjoy it's primary colour scheme" hahaha! Blog is looking goooood bubs!

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! And think, it's all because of you ;-)

      Delete